Thursday, February 7, 2008

What do you do?


With Valentines Day next week, I was thinking about what I should do for my family. When I was a child I remember getting a heart shaped box full of chocolate candies from my parents and other small tokens. I enjoyed the valentine card exchange at school with the decorated shoe box. As an adult and parent I sort of dread another holiday. Mitchell needs to bring in a box next week for his valentines day party at school along with "any snacks that will make the party fun!". Ugh.....really? Now Mitchell wants me to make cookies and bring in valentine candy for friends. Can't we be done with the gift giving and eating yet?

Here is my question to you....What do you do for your family on Valentines Day? Is it a box of candy or is there a gift given? Maybe I will be inspired by what "love" you share with your family.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Party City always has the red heart balloons for cheap so I always buy a bunch the day before and put them in their rooms when they are asleep. They love it and look forward to it every year. And I get them their favorite chocolate bar :)

tsumomi said...

I usually get the 3 younger girls one of the $5.00 valentine t-shirts from Target. Abby and Josh get flip flops or something small like that. We have family dinner with valentine paper plates and pretty napkins. Josh hates this of course. Then we always have chocolate cake for dessert. While having dessert we tell each other what we love about them. And yes, they all hate doing this but you should see them light up when nice things are being said about them.

Shelley said...

I usually hit the dollar store and get some candy and some little box or trinket I know the girls will like. Last year the 99cent store had some knock-off perfumes that I gave them. Holy cow, it's this Thursday.