A Very Rare Easter...
This year, Easter will be celebrated on Sunday March 23rd and it will be among the rarest of Easter's as the date of Easter this year is the earliest Easter will be celebrated in the entire lifetime of virtually everyone living on the planet today.
The last time Easter was celebrated on March 23rd was in the year 1913 which means that only those who are 95 years or older would have previously experienced Easter on March 23rd. The next time Easter will be celebrated on March 23rd will be 220 years from now in the year 2228.
The very earliest date that Easter can be celebrated on is March 22nd which last happened in 1818 and Easter won't be celebrated again on March 22nd for another 277 years when Easter Sunday will fall on March 22, 2285.
So now you know why on Sunday March 23, 2008 we will be celebrating one of rarest Easter's of all time.
I did not do any fact checking on this. If this is incorrect, I apologize.

3 comments:
I'm sitting here at work, and I was trying to figure out why Easter was so early this year, and how it's determined when Easter falls. I know last year it was on Danni's birthday, April 8th.
Found this on Wikipeida, about how the date is determined:
"Easter is termed a moveable feast because it is not fixed in relation to the civil calendar. Easter falls at some point between late March and late April each year, following the cycle of the moon. After several centuries of disagreement, all churches accepted the computation of the Alexandrian Church (now the Coptic Church) that Easter is the first Sunday after the first fourteenth day of the moon (the Paschal Full Moon) that is on or after the ecclesiastical vernal equinox.
Yeah, that hurt my head and I have no idea what it means. But there you go. lol
I don't like it this early.
OK, so as I understand it, Easter is the first Sunday after the full moon after the Vernal Equinox. Is that right? I'll check it out next year. It's OK for us in Arizona but it sure is early for Minnesota.
Mom
Post a Comment