Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Matchbox 20 Concert

Last night Shelley,Danni and I went to see Dave Matthew Matchbox 20 in concert. I knew who we were seeing, but I kept on calling Rob Thomas (lead singer of MB20) Dave. I would have been disappointed if Dave came out, because Rob R.O.C.K.E.D.

After a slight navigational error, we arrived at Cricket Pavilion around 6:30 and were in our seats when Mute MathCIMG4498( I know, I've never heard of them either), started their show. They only played a short while before Alanis Morissette took the stage. CIMG4533 Alanis played for a good hour and it was a good show to watch. Shelley wondered if she had an hours worth of material to sing, she did.  

After a short intermission Matchbox 20 took the stage and rocked the house. They opened with their new song How Far We've Come and it was awesome. CIMG4540 CIMG4538  CIMG4574

CIMG4598At one point Rob asked all of us to open up our cell phones and rock with him. Too funny.

 

 

 

I don't believe I will be able to listen to MB 20 again without hearing the voice of the drunk lady behind me. I paid to see Rob sing, but she was an added bonus. She acted like she never heard of the cell phone thing because she was prepared to sway with her lighter.CIMG4607 I called her old school.

 

Shelley and Danni, I had a blast with you two. Let's do it again soon. Shelley got us out of the parking lot in record speed and even had me home well before midnight. CIMG4634

3 comments:

Shelley said...

How fun was that? Dave Matthews, lol. You got some great pictures. I have some video I'm going to put in my post, when I get around to writing it. The band is blurry in them, but they sound good! I had a great time!

Anonymous said...

You and Shelley win the "Cool Mom Awards" for this week. Love Alanis, Love MB 20. Glad you guys had a great time. It's really cool when you can sit there at a concert with a teenager and she's not rolling her eyes!!! KLM

tsumomi said...

I have heard they put on a good show. Was Rob hot? I have always thought he was a little on the cute side.