Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Things

Mitchell went back to school today...yeah! I know he still feels a little punk because of the coughing, but he doesn't have a fever and wants to be active, so off he goes.

I just finished watching


In this charming contemporary musical helmed by John Carney, a street musician (Glen Hansard) in Dublin, Ireland, strikes up a friendship with a migrant street hawker (Marketa Irglova). Over the course of a busy week, they compose, rehearse and record a series of songs that mirror the duo's burgeoning romance..and help the young busker release his musical passions. The actors wrote the tunes they perform in this film that was recognized at Sundance 2007.....or at least that is what Netflix said. This movie also won an Oscar for the best song. I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the music so much I just went to I tunes and bought the album. It is rated R because they do like to say the "f" word alot which is a shame because it doesn't add a thing to the movie and it would be the only reason for that rating. Christi, have you seen this? I know you love movies and music, if not go rent it.


It's Here It's Here...One load down only 999 more to go!....I am at home again today because Home Depot has said they would bring my new washer to me!!! I can't wait to get some of the laundry done. Our washer broke last Wednesday night so you can imagine what my dirty clothes pile looks like. Thanks to Mom for letting us come over this weekend and get a few loads done. I love having my mommy so close!

Chris has a baseball game this afternoon and I hope I can get some good pictures. I started to really try to figure out photoshop and this is my very first "edit". I know where I need to still fine tune things, but I had still had fun learning new things. Here is the before and the after.



I hope you are finding your way over to CF Husband's blog and today is no different. He has posted a video of his wife Tricia holding her baby girl, Gwyneth, for the first time. Beautiful. Take 5 min and watch this video and then go thank God for all the miracles in your life.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm going to have to watch that movie too, if only to get over my obsession with Across the Universe (my kids - esp. Ben are now obsessed too).

I wish I had Photoshop. Wait - first I need a camera that works!

Joanna said...

Great job on Photoshop. We have it but it's a lotta work learning all the things you can do with it. I just don't have time or don't wanna make time at the moment.
Thanks to you, I have been to the CF blog now numerous times. The story is so touching. And when you read and see the pictures and videos, you only want the best for this family and fast!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference photoshop makes. Maybe you won't need the new camera now. You probably need to edit out some of the misc. on the table (coffee cups, etc.) We love having Gracie come over. Mom

LIBSMOM said...

Jen,
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to reading all of my favorite blogs! I missed the post you made for me!! SO SWEET!!!!!!!!! You are a wonderful person to think of me.
How do you like your new front loader? I've been on Larry about buying me a set. They're SO pretty.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm the last person on earth who hasn't seen Once. Will definitely catch it this weekend.