Last week when I came home from work I found a large box filled with paper bags and one pretty gift bag at my front door. I found these instructions attached to the large wrapped box: THIS PACKAGE BRINGS GOOD WISHES FOR THE NEXT TWELVE DAYS IN A ROW. PLEASE OPEN ONE A DAY TO FIND SURPRISES IN TOW. YOU COULD CHEAT AND GO TO THE END TO FIND OUT WHERE THIS IS FROM......BUT WE HOPE YOU PLAY ALONG WITH US TO ENJOY THE SURPRISE AND THE FUN!!!!!!
Ok, so do you know how hard it is not to peak at the end, but we are going to hold and play along. It is fun to hear each of us guess who it is. I'm going to list the note and gift item found in each bag. I would love to do this activity next year, so this will give me a safe place to keep my notes. I will try to update as the days go on, but for sure will list everything and who it is from. If "you" are out there reading this.....we are having a fun with this game. Here we go.....
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....a partridge in a pear tree! Here's the first treat, enjoy this fun activity and take time to smile!
On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....two turtle doves!
(Being "turtle" doves, they couldn't make it here on time, so they sent this replacement instead....share this treat!)
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me....three French hens! (UPS wouldn't deliver them live, so here's a replacement, yummy!)
On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me....four calling birds! ( Preferring to shout to each other while they flew, the birds all have sore throats. Hope this heals you....)
On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me.....five golden rings!!!(These aren't really gold, but they are rings!!! A real LIFESAVER!)
On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....six geese a laying! (these amazing geese laid special eggs-chocolate goodies-ENJOY!)(The chocolate eggs were inside a 1/2 egg carton)

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....seven swans a swimming! (I know what your thinking.."a swimming pool, they're giving us a swimming pool!! Sorry, but hope this dessert is yummy and you can find some fruit or treats to "swim" in it!)
On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, eight maids a milking! Cows these days have such a good diet, the milk comes in cans with Vitamin D added! Go figure! Happy Baking!
We some how lost the little poem that went with the ninth day of Christmas. However the box of calgon will help me with the end of this Christmas season.
On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, ten lords a leaping! (After a hard day of leaping a lord may need this! If you are hurting, we wish you good health!)
On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, eleven pipers piping! ( All of their music lessons have paid off! Here's their first CD! Enjoy some Christmas Eve music!) 
On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, twelve drummers drumming! (Unfortunately, these guys didn't stick with their lessons and never made it big like the pipers! May YOUR Christmas be filled with Peace in our homes, in our hearts and in our world.! Let's have a toast!)
It was revealed that the Dorsey's were our "true loves". Thank you so much for the fun games and memories. Toby guessed correctly! We are going to pass this tradition on next year to some other unexpected family!
12 years ago

3 comments:
Someone did the exact same thing for us last year. We had so much fun with it. I won't tell you who it was...
And here I was thinking it was Sheri! So it's not her, but someone she knows...that narrows it down some. :)
I know! I know! I know.....
Post a Comment