Mitch was on fall break this week and I really enjoyed it. I am so thankful that I don't have to start shuttling kids around to and from school for more then a week. My gas tank says Thank You too.
On Monday, Mitch and I went to Kiwanis Park and played with Grace. Grace likes finding the highest slide and climb to the top. She always comes down with a smile on her face. Monday night we all watched a little of the Rockies/Padre game. Mitch and I had to find an alternative method of watching when Hero's came on. We found Game Day on MLB.Com and listened to the San Diego announcers.
Mitch enjoyed the park so much on Monday that he wanted to try another one on Tuesday. I took them over to Desert Breeze. Desert Breeze had better equipment for a 9 1/2 year old then Kiwanis. I had to work in the evening. Not sure what everyone did.
Wednesday was Kindermusik for Grace. Mitch was a real trooper. I think he enjoyed playing the instruments with all the other toddlers. When we got home Grandpa was here. Mitch and Grandpa started watching baseball around noon and didn't finish until the DBacks won later in the evening. Roger came over to watch the game with us. Grandma had chemo during the day, but was home early afternoon to play and watch Cinderella. Grandma brought us dinner, bbq meatballs and her layered salad, it was the best. I hope to return the favor this upcoming week. Justin ran his first football practice tonight. I wish I had gone to take some pictures, maybe next week. Good job Justin. We are proud of you.
Thursday we hung out with Grandpa and Grandma. Mitch and Grandpa watched more baseball after a short trip to the hardware store. Grandma and I made it to the grocery store. Chris had another cross country meet in the afternoon. The skies opened up and poured while he was running which must have made him run faster. His time was 10 min and some seconds. He ran a different course the he found easier. Congrats Son, I wish I could have seen it.
Friday I took the boys to the zoo. They didn't seem happy to be there until I bought them their own Dr. Pepper. It was very windy, but still very warm. It was amazing what a cool drink did for their personality. They were having a competition to see who could take the most unique pictures. Chris went over to Connor's house to spend the night. Mitch had Alex come here. Alex and Mitch have been playing some sort of ball game in the backyard, playing Madden on Xbox went to the Marco's football game. It is 8:30am and both are still sleeping. :)
It was a good week. Besides a little runny nose from Grace and a sore throat for Justin everyone was good. I love weeks like this.
12 years ago

2 comments:
That is such a cute picture! Now that all the kids are on break this coming up week, we need to do something together.
I love that picture! Alexander had such a great time. He was bummed that he had to come home. We'll have Mitch over when we get back in town.
Post a Comment