Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our Weekend

What a weekend. Toby and his brother left on Friday morning around 3am for their deer hunt. These guys have been looking forward to their hunt for a while. I asked Toby to wake me up when he left so I could say good bye. Not such a smart thing for me since I was not able to go back to sleep. I was really tired and grumpy by early evening on Friday. I also hurt my knee when looking for my ear buds so I could watch Ugly Betty on the laptop and not have anyone hear me. My knee feels like it is bruised and it is hard to move. I hope I never get arthritis. Granny I think I can sort of feel your pain.

Patty and Jake came to my rescue on Friday afternoon. Grace was in heaven having her Grandpa and Grandma here. Grandma brought Gracie her Halloween costume with her. She is reluctant to wear it, but hopefully, on Wednesday she will put it on with no problems. I was lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa here to help. Grandpa took Mitchell to baseball at 6:30am to have pictures taken and warm up for an 8am game. The other boys and I joined him around 9. We then went to Christopher's football game. Justin went to a 6th grade reunion at the same time as Christophers game. Again, Grandpa to the rescue by staying and watching Chris play.

Saturday was also Christopher's 13th birthday so we went to my mom's for dinner. The boys and Granny watched an episode of the A Team with her and then we had cake. During cake, the power went out. We found all the flash lights and lit candles. The excitement level always rises when the power goes out. Justin went out to investigate and learned that most of the neighborhood was out.

I was dreading Sunday. I thought the boys would be asking all day when Dad was coming home. To my surprise, Toby walked in around 10:30am. Happy Happy Day. He was home early and with a couse deer,sub species of a white tail. Even his brother had one. Good times. The rest of the day was spent in the back yard skinning and quartering the deer. Grace and I watched Cinderella twice.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

My dad will be so jealous! He went Friday but didn't get anything.