Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A yummy recipe

My sister in law, Leah, emailed me this recipe yesterday. I was at Fry's today and they had their chuck roasts on sale...buy one get one...at $ 2.99 a pound vs. $4.99. So for around $7.00 I got two roasts.

There is no roast left over for lunches tomorrow, it was that good. I am sorry I didn't take a picture for my Project 365 I am doing. Anyways, here you go. Enjoy.

3 lb roast
1 can cream of chx soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 pkt brown gravy mix w/ 1 cup water
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper

combine all ingredients in crock pot except roast.Mix it all together.
place roast in crockpot and turn to coat all sides.
cook on low 8-10 hrs, high 5-6 hours or until fork tender and falls apart.
makes it's own gravy.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Oooo, I have a roast in the freezer. I am so making this on Saturday. Thanks!

Sheri said...

That sounds so good. Too bad Evan the destroyer broke my crockpot. Oh, well.

Shelley said...

It's cooking right now...smells fantastic! :)