Thursday, June 12, 2008

CVS Again....

Ok, so I've been a little on the down side as of late and so a little retail therapy always works right? Well, let me show you what I got for a grand total of $3.48.
I did 3 transactions today. I have never done that before and really I could have gotten away with only 2, but I didn't know that at the time. Usually one of the coupons that prints up at the end is a $3.00 off a purchase of $15.00 or more. That coupon only printed after my first transaction today. Oh, well live and learn right?

Transaction # 1
1 Nivea for Men Shaving Gel $2.79
1 Nivea for Men Extreme Comfort Shaving gel $3.99
1 Nivea for Men Extreme Comfort Shaving gel $3.99
1 Brut Deodorant $2.89
1 Brut Deodorant $2.89
1 CVS Nail Polish Remover $1.49
1 Orbit Bubble Gum $1.19

Coupons I used
.55 off Brut Deodorant
.55 off Brut Deodorant
$4.00 off 2 Extreme Comfort Shaving Gel

Extra Care Bucks I had
$3.98
$6.98
$3.00 off $15.00 purchase

for a grand total of .52 out of pocket.

For buying $10. of Nivea I got another $5.00 in ECB (remember that I had a coupon so I only really paid $6.77)

For buying the Brut I got $3.00 back for each one....wait it was on sale for less then that and then I had .55 coupons...THEY PAID ME to take it out of their store.

Now I had $11.00 in ECB and another $3.00 off $15 coupon. So off to do transaction # 2.

I got
1 Listerine Smart Rinse for $3.49
1 M & M Plain for $5.99
1 M & M Peanut for $5.99
1 Orbit Gum $1.19

Total
$16.66

Used $3 off $15. for a total of $13.66 and then used ECB to bring it down to $.22 out of pocket. I made $5.00 for purchasing the M & M's and $3.49 for the Listerine for a total of $8.49 in ECB. This time a 3/15 did not print....bummer.

Transaction # 3
4 12 Packs of Dt. Coke for $11.oo
1 package of CVS Cotton Balls $1.69

Total
$12.69

Used $10 ECB and paid $2.74 out of pocket. I was the printed up $3.00 ECB for the Dt. Coke.

I went in with around $22.00 ECB and purchased my merchandise and still have $ 12.49 in ECB for next weeks trip! I think I'm getting the hang of this.

I then had a coupon from Albertson's for $.25 off gas. I went and filled up and got $4.00 back in cash so that paid for my CVS trip. I feel a little better now.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

You did awesome! Nothing like a lot of free stuff to boost your spirits a little, right? I'd say you've definitely gotten the hang of it!

My girls have both told me that they are in desperate (!) need of eyeliner. All Revlon products are going to be BOGO next week, and there are $2 Revlon coupons out there. So I told them they had to wait until Sunday. I got the big eyeroll from Shannon. But it was an UNLINED eyeroll.

MARY-ANN said...

Awesome Job!!