
I really did enjoy my week with Granny. It was hard and stressful at times to try to manage two households, but I do have the best partner in the world and he really took care of this end for me.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to have my mom and granny so close to me. I sure wish my cousins and my siblings were able to have conversations like we did.
I asked her if she would like me to stay around the house while she had her shower. She told me that when she was born they didn't have running water and that the water would have be brought in and so because of that, she didn't want to take a shower. I understand that she didn't have the conveniences growing up like we do now, but that is why they are called conveniences. Enjoy it!
One day I was playing around on the computer and Grace was watching TV. I heard my Granny call from the other room asking what a H O ( I was really starting to get nervous) O K A H was. Is that what they call hookers now? No Granny, it's a pipe. Why? Apparently, there was an article in the paper about a Tempe Hookah bar. She read the article and answered her own question.
Saturday afternoon we were looking through her mail order catalogs. She must get a few hundred a week. Anyways, I was looking at Dr. Leonard's catalog and I made the comment that I wasn't aware that there were so many feet products out there. She responds with " Oh, that catalog is full of feet and leg products. It also has a lot of sex stuff in it too. I don't even know how they use half that stuff"......well Granny, that is one conversation I'm not having with you.
12 years ago

4 comments:
You must bust up laughing everytime you are hanging with her. You are lucky to have that kind of relationhsip.
Thanks Jeni, that was a nice tribute. I laugh a lot and we share a lot, but there are some conversations I try to avoid also.
Mom
Dr Leonards, hmmmm....never heard of that one. Glad Granny kept you laughing and gave youl all those pearls of wisdom! KLM
I still say you let Toby have that conversation with her. That would be priceless.
Hey, I saw you guys, we were headed to DV for the football game (a whole other story, that game)..were you headed out of town? How was your trip?
Post a Comment