We love the monsoon season. When the clouds start to build in the east we always take bets if we will "get anything". Most of the time we don't, but, every once in a while we get surprised. Today, was a surprise.
Grace and I came home from a tea party at Grandma's and I told Toby, I predict a big storm tonight. I didn't realize it was going to be in about 1 1/2 hours. It was incredible. The temperature dropped to around 75....which in my book is perfection....and the rain fell.
Our rain gauge says 4 inches. There was probably 1/4 of an inch from the other night left over so you know how hard it came down. It rained solid for about an hour. This is what happens on my street when it rains that fast and hard.

Backyard starting to flood
Our neighbor's cars....how far will the water come up?
From my front patio....looks like Toby is parked in the middle of the street.
Cars like to travel really fast to see how high the wave gets, only problem is it makes the wave go into my front door.

Time to start thinking about it coming in the house.

Look at Lori's car now. Water is getting higher.

Maddie, Jake and Max playing in the water.

Chris found a softball that floated up from the drains.

I have some ocean front property in Arizona.
Hey Shelley, look, you can tube down my street!
I have no idea who these guys are.

The highest that I recorded of the water on Lori's car.

Past Toby's knees.

Hey, look my kids got to the beach this summer!!!

See the stalled car in the background?....hehe..fool.

Toby's Levy...Didn't break!
Toby wasn't sure if the whole yard got watered so he figured he better do it now. Just kidding, he was starting the clean up process.

6 comments:
I am sooo jealous! Patrick Jr. was telling us today that Gracey is his favorite cousin - hugs from Jr. to Gracey!
Love you guys! The Ranns
Wow, you guys really got hit hard! I remember when I was a kid in Tempe and our street would look like that during a monsoon. I remember my brother and I floating in the street in one of our inflatable canoes from the pool. We didn't get as much rain as you guys did, but we did get quite a bit. I think the valley got more rain in that one storm than we had total all of last year! The pics are great...love the one of the guy in the tube, lol.
So have you been outside this morning? It's muggy as all heck..."it's a dry heat.." Ha!
Great pictures Jeni! Our street looked just about the same - especially up at the stop sign on Westchester. No one was out in our neighborhood so I don't have any knees to compare. I'm glad Gracie didn't melt - she's so sweet you know. It was fun, but what a mess! Just think what it must have been like in Cedar Rapids.
Mom
Wow, those pics are GREAT! I love monsoon time! We got a lot here in South Chandler, but not as much as you!!! Thanks for sharing those fun pictures!
Oh My Gosh!! I'm so glad that Toby's "skills" paid off again. That looks like it should have come right in the door!! Did someone forget the flood gate again? Looks like everyone had tons of fun and took advantage of that rare thing called "Arizona Rain"!! KLM
We didn't get it quite as bad. The boys and Ian all put on their swim suits and played outside in the rain. I'm living with crazies.
Post a Comment