Sunday, May 4, 2008

CVS

Tonight I took my mother in law to CVS with me so she could see how I play the game. She doesn't understand why I would by something I didn't need, but I explain that if they pay me $15.00 to take it out of the store then why wouldn't I buy it?

Ok, so here is my deal tonight, I bought

1 Garnier Hair Color for $5.99
1 Gillette Venus Razor for $9.99
2 Colgate 360 toothbrushes for $ 7.98
2 Lamisilk Foot cream for $16.58

I had a $3.00 off coupon for the hair color
I had a $4.00 off coupon for the razor
I had 2 $1.00 off coupons for the toothbrushes
I had a buy one get one free foot cream.

I also had $4.00 off $20 and a $3.00 off $15 from CVS

I used a $7.99 and $6.00 Extra Care Dollars

My total out of pocket $3.84 for $40.54 worth of merchandise.

I love this game!!!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Can you take me next?

Not kidding.

Jen said...

Yes, I can. The best thing to do is to start saving the Sunday coupons. That's where the savings start!

Shelley said...

That's so funny about Patty because I was trying to explain it to my mom yesterday and she just didn't get it either. Although since she'll only use one brand of shampoo and my dad will only eat one kind of cereal, etc., it wouldn't work for them. Oh well, more for us. :)

Sheri, there's a website called Money Saving Mom at http://www.moneysavingmom.com, and on the right hand side there are some links, and two of them are CVS 101 and How To Make CVS Work For You. That's a good place to start. Or just have Jen take you. :)

Shelley said...

You crazy woman, what are you doing up? I'm up because Shannon has an earache that she's had all weekend. I think I get to make a trip to urgent care this morning. Woooo.