Yesterday we went to Kearney, AZ. to visit Toby's parents. Justin had asked if we could go on Saturday, but we didn't get our act together in time so off we went on Sunday. We were making good time until we got past Florence Jct. and had to stop due to an accident. We watched the medical helicopter land and load up the victims and then was on our way about 30 min. later.
Grandma made us spaghetti and meatballs for lunch and Mitch help make the garlic/cheese toast. Yummy! The boys brought their bows with them and Chris brought his airsoft guns. Grandpa has a fun desert backyard for things like this. I love Grandpa's backyard for the hummingbirds that come in and feed. At one point we had 7 birds feeding at one time. The birds like to dive bomb each other and chase each other off but once and awhile they do share. Grandma made a new gallon of food for the birds in the morning so we had plenty of activity throughout the day.
Fun Facts about Hummingbirds
- Over 330 different types of hummingbirds
- Worlds smallest bird
- Fly in a unique way by rotating their wings.
- Average hummingbird flaps its wings 50 flaps per second.
- Consume 2/3 of their body weight each day.
- Hummingbirds weigh between 2 (the Bee Hummingbird) to 20 grams ( the Giant Hummingbird)

3 comments:
Jen, those pics are amazing! I think I'm in love with your camera. ;)
I bet I'd be that size too if I could flap my wings that fast! Fun blog.
Mom
I love watching humming birds. We used to watch them all time when my parent's had a cabin in Pinedale.
Beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment