Thursday, April 10, 2008

CVS

Last week Shelley taught me how to use CVS Extra Care Program. CVS has a program called Extra Care which pays you back for purchasing items that are on sale for the week. Last week I made my initial $20.00 purchase and was able to get the following items. I was able to combine manufacture coupons along with CVS coupons for some great savings.
For example,I had to purchase Softsoap Body Wash for $4.98 and I received $4.98 back in Extra Care Bucks, but I also had 2 $1.00 off coupon from Sunday's paper so I really only paid $3.98 for each. Similar case with the deodorant. I spent my $20 and walked out with $19.98 in Extra Care Bucks,which is like cash at CVS,for this weeks trip and this is what I got for a total out of pocket:::::::DRUM ROLL::::::::::::::::$3.34.I also have $19.98 in Extra Care Bucks to spend next week. Ok, I know this probably isn't that exciting to everyone, but I get a kick out of it. The math sometimes starts to hurt my brain, but walking out of the store with make up for a few months and 2 boxes of toothpaste for what I might have spent on the candy is fun for me. Thanks to Shelley for the additional coupons that helped me save over $9.00. I owe you! Anyways, if this doesn't excite you and you normally throw the coupons away from Sunday's paper, please don't because I'll take them!

3 comments:

ACS said...

Way cool! :-)

Sheri said...

Sweet! My sister does this thing called "Coupon Sense". It's the same thing - sometimes she gets cereal for free! It blows my mind. I seriously need to get into that.

Shelley said...

*gleefully rubs my hands together* I'm gonna hook everyone! Hee. Getting $20+ worth of stuff for just a couple of dollars definitely gets addicting. :)