Today was a good day. Sort of. It started out kind of odd, but got better. I recieved a phone call from my grandmother's life line. She had fallen, but was not hurt and Toby and I were able to get to her quickly. My mom took her to the dr. and has more appointments lined up for her.
After I dropped Mitchell off at school I headed over to Shelley's to make Pumpkin Roll. Ok, let me just tell you how good this treat is. It is a pumpkin cake with cream cheese filling. One word. YUMMY. We made it last year together so I thought it would be fun to make it together again this year. Now when I say we, I mean mostly Shelley. I did open a few cream cheese boxes, but Shelley did most of the baking. I only hope there is still some when I get home from work tonight.
Oprah had her "Favorite Things" show today. I have not watched the whole episode yet, but I did see her second to last item. Josh Groban's Noel CD. I love Josh. I have been a fan of his for 4 years now. I was first introduced to him by my mother, who was introduced to his music after my father passed away. I just love his voice. What a treat to see him singing on a Tuesday afternoon on Oprah. By the way, I suggest you buy the Christmas album. You can get it at any major store or on itunes. I think I will be listening to this CD now for the next few weeks.
12 years ago

3 comments:
I love pumpkin roll! My mom has that Josh Groban c.d. - I'll have to borrow it ;)
Hey, that pumpkin roll pic is really pretty. Aesthetically speaking, it looks a lot better than the ones we made, but ours taste just as good! Probably better! My two didn't last very long at the in-law's house.
Speaking of pretty...Josh Groban is too. I watched the Oprah thing last night after work, his voice is pretty awesome. Does he do Hark the Herald Angels Sing on that CD? That's like my favorite traditional carol. If he sings that, I'd buy it just for that song.
Josh Grobin CD is amazing!!! Hubby brought it home as a treat....it was!!
Post a Comment