Sunday, November 25, 2007

I didn't need that finger anyways....

Saturday morning I took Mitchell to baseball practice and met Shelley for 2 wonderful kid free hours.Shelley and I went shopping. I called home to see if Toby had seen a particular movie and heard Gracie screaming in the background. I asked what she was screaming about. He told me her finger got caught in Justin's bike and the fire fighters were there. I told him don't let them amputate before I get home. I thought he was so joking. Nope. He wasn't. The story goes like this:

Chris was vacuuming in his bedroom and Grace was playing with Justin's bike that sitting on the floor upside down. Toby was getting the water ready for mopping and heard Chris yell for him. Toby thought Grace was just bothering him by being on the top bunk bed so he didn't hurry. When he got there he found Gracie's middle finger caught between the sprocket and chain. She must have been playing with the chain and moved the pedal which pulled her finger onto the sprocket. Toby knew that he wasn't able to get her free by himself so he had Justin call 911. Firefighters and paramedics came and cut the chain to release her finger. Luckily there was no permanent damage and all is OK. Toby says he was glad I didn't have to see her finger like that.

No pictures for this post. I told them that they should have taken some and Justin started laughing saying "I told you she would blog about this". You were about that Justin!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Poor Gracie. I'm so glad she's o.k.

LIBSMOM said...

Only in an emergency like that would I have cut my shopping trip short. Especially if I was shopping with Shelley!
I'm glad she's ok though! I bet she won't touch that bike again. Poor thing.

Unknown said...

Ow!! Poor thing!! I'm sure when she gets older that will be a great story to tell!