
I took Grace to the Healing Fields today. I was surprised at how emotional it was for me. I tried to explain to Grace what the flags represented, only so I wouldn't forget myself. She of course had no clue what I was saying and wanted to do toddler things instead. It was warm and the wind was blowing. All of the flags stood tall and proud.

We all have our stories of where we were when.....but the one thing I remember from that awful time was how there was no air traffic. So today, Grace and I sat by the waters edge of Tempe Town Lake and waved to the airplanes that flew overhead. I hope she will never have to live a day when no planes are in the sky to wave at.

2 comments:
I remember that too, the dead silence in the air when we took the kids to school that morning. I like the pic of Gracie next to the flag. I'm sorry we didn't go with you. Now that I look at the pics, I kind of wish we had.
It's sad to say that I never knew there was such a place. I think my kids and I would really benefit by going there.
Post a Comment