Thursday, April 2, 2009

I hurt

I hurt everywhere and there isn't enough Tylenol to help dull the pain.

I feel as if my chest is burning and my head is spinning all day and night. My heart hurts for my sister. I wish I had a magic wand I could wave and make the hurt and pain go away for her. She is such a beautiful person inside and out. She deserves peace and happiness, not what she is going through.

Watching Granny decline is very difficult too. It is difficult to watch my mom when Granny gets so sick. To hear her say "Mama" is gut wrenching, but I wouldn't want to miss it for the world. I can't imagine what life is going to be like for us when Granny does go. I only hope my precious baby girl will take care of me as well as my mom has done for Granny.

To think of the medical future for my niece just breaks my heart. Our sweet 10 year old Becca, was recently diagnosed with Fabry's Disease . This is not a life threatening disease, but it is life altering. After tests are completed and she has a baseline for all her major organs she will start on Enzyme Replacement Therapy. ERT is an infusion will happen every two weeks for the REST OF HER LIFE. Again, I wish I had that magic wand.

I also hurt physically. I have never been in an accident that required air bags to go off...until Monday afternoon. I was heading home from school and I rear ended another car. Thankfully, the kids and I were strapped in so no one was hurt. I bruised my chest area from the seat belt and the air bags jammed my thumb. Things that will heal in time. We have the car at Toby's shop being repaired. I was one dent away from having the van totaled. $8900 worth of damage...Thank God for insurance.

Just writing this little post out, is making me feel better. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. You are wonderful precious sister. We ARE going to get through all of this, and in the mean time we can look for God's special blessings that wouldn't be revealed if we weren't where we are. Laura

Anonymous said...

Mom told me about your niece's diagnosis...sounds like quite an ordeal, but at least they know what they can do for it. Think and pray for you and your family often, with all you're going through. Love you! Ann Kleinsasser