Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pool Party


Last night we went to my sister in laws house for a pool party. Leah and Scott made some very yummy Mexican food and margarita's. Grace loved swimming in the pool and I'll tell you with those water wings, she was all over the place.

I am sure that Chris will hate me for posting this picture. Oh, well.

Hey Grace. Show us your feet!

Grace can always find someone to swim with. When Mom was finished,

Uncle Rob was ready to go!

Aunt Leah found some 'Rella shoes for us at the thrift store.

We had a great time with family and friends. Molly was the youngest one there at 2 1/2 months. Grace enjoyed playing with the baby.

Earlier in the day I spent with Mitchell at the pediatricians office and then at the ER. A few days ago he started telling us that his belly button hurt and that it was real tender to touch. Yesterday morning he woke up to tell me that the redness had spread and it really hurt when touched. I decided to call and get an appointment. Dr. really didn't know what it was, called the surgeon since it was right at one of the incision sites, surgeon in surgery but will be in the office Tuesday. Dr. gave us a few options that pretty much lead us to the ER at one point or another. We decided to head over right then and I do believe we beat the rush since we were out of there within about 2 hours. Final diagnosis.....cellulitis-suspect MRSA or a.k.a a staph infection. ER doctor wrote another scrip for us and sent us on our way. Yet another very expensive day at Banner Desert Medical Center, but glad we diagnosed it now and not later when he had a target on his belly with a abscess of pus and the need for surgery. Mitchell is ready to be done being sick. He missed a sleep over and was devastated. Sorry Xander. I promise to keep him healthy so you two can get together soon.

2 comments:

tsumomi said...

Poor Mitch! I can't believe that happened. I hope that he can start feeling good again. Tell him we said Hi and I will score some Twix candy bars for him this week.

Sheri said...

That pool looks so refreshing.

I hope Mitch is feeling better! We are going to a resort in Scottsdale Friday night (courtesy of my mom) and maybe Mitch can come and spend the night? I still have his clothes :)